Strengthen your neck, correct your posture, and reinforce the effectiveness of your adjustments. 3 lbs of weights included (includes six .5 lb steel weight bars). Bar size: 1 1/4" X 4 1/4" each.
Frontal head weighting activates the body’s righting reflexes, causing the patient’s body to reposition forward under the weighted head. Front-lateral head weighting causes the patient’s body to also be laterally corrected in conjunction with forward correction.
1. Place the harness on your forehead with the cloth side against your skin. Draw the elastic strap tightly around your head and secure the hook and loop closure.
2. Wear the harness for just three to five minutes, while walking up and down a walk way or on a treadmill, for the first exercise session.
Headweighting Assembly Instructions:
1. The small straps will go on the front of the head (as pictured).
2. Put the right-to-left strap through the plastic loop and close.
3. Open the front-back strap and close it on top of the right-to-left strap. The straps should make a "T" shape (see photo).
4. Place weight pouch on the velcro front of the harness and press to conform around the head.
5. Tighten the strap around the head.
(The wide strap around the head is the one that really keeps it its place, the straps on the top are to prevent it from falling down your face should the one around the head be too loose.)
If no reaction (lasting soreness or pain or headache) is experienced, the weight and the speed of walking can be gradually increased. Add weight from the center pouches outward and as evenly from side to side as possible, unless instructed otherwise by your doctor. You are encouraged to walk while performing this rehabilitative treatment. This motion helps to increase the traction effect on tight contracted soft tissues and strengthens weak postural muscles while re-educating your nervous system to your new improved posture.
For maximum results, your Maximized Living Doctor my recommend using this item along with other items in the Homecare Kit.